Contact Center in Finland
+358 9 818 501
Terminal Customer Service
* 3,00 EUR + local/mobile charge firstname.lastname@example.org
09.03.2017 - STRIKE AT HELSINKI AIRPORT IMPACTS FINNAIR FLIGHTS ON FRIDAY MARCH 10
Strike and support actions are planned for Friday, March 10 from 3 pm – 7 pm EET at Helsinki Airport, related to the dispute between the Finnish Aviation Union and the service sector employer union Palta about labour agreements in Airpro Oy. The strike will considerably impact Finnair’s flights on Friday, even though Finnair is in no way party to the dispute.
If implemented, the strike actions would take place during the most critical hours for Finnair traffic. Finnair has over 90 flights scheduled for Friday March 10 between 3 pm and 7 pm. During the strike, critical ground services will not be available or are very limited.
”If the strike takes place, we are unfortunately forced to cancel part of our flights and there will also be cargo restrictions in place," says Jukka Glader, Finnair’s Head of Cargo Operations. "We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience these strike actions are causing Finnair customers and to prepare for this very unfortunate situation beyond our control we kindly request our Cargo customers to take note of the following.
- No cargo can be accepted on European narrow-body flights arriving to Helsinki on Friday, 10 March between 3-7pm as there is no unloading/loading of narrow-body flights during the strike hours. Shipments booked for flights during the strike will be rebooked by our staff.
- The warehouse of our Cargo terminal in Helsinki will be closed on Friday, 10 March between 3-7pm. Therefore, no acceptance or delivery of cargo is available during those hours. Finnish customers with export shipments for Friday, 10 March or the weekend (11-12 March) are advised to bring their shipments to our cargo terminal as early as possible, preferably already on Thursday.
- Finnair traffic plan is being adjusted to minimize the impact of the strikes. It looks that most wide-body flights can be operated (with cargo onboard) but there might be some minor changes to departure times . Note! No cargo requiring temperature control in accordance with 'CRT +15to+25'C/ERT +2to+25'C' can be accepted for transport on wide-body flights with normal departure time from/arrival to HEL during the strike hours.
- Flight AY057 to Shanghai on Friday 10 March and subsequent return AY058 from Shanghai to Helsinki on Saturday 11 March are cancelled. Cargo booked on these flights will be rebooked by Finnair Cargo staff.
- No cargo can be accepted on flight AY096 from Bangkok to Helsinki on Friday, 10 March.
For futher information on the strike please visit: https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/flightinfo. Finnair flight status can be followed at https://www.finnair.com/int/gb/information-services/flights/flightslist .
Track your shipment
Air Waybill Number (AWB-No):Track all shipments