Contact Center in Finland
+358 9 818 501
Terminal Customer Service
* 3,00 EUR + local/mobile charge firstname.lastname@example.org
Checklist - before transport
1. OBTAIN THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FOR THE ANIMAL
Acquire the required documents for the destination and intermediate airports (such as health certificates, vaccination information and import licences).
2. MAKE A CARGO BOOKING AND CHECK TRANSPORT RELATED DETAILS
To make a booking please contact our local Sales/Reservations. While making the booking, you can also request more information on animal transport and the requirements listed below.
3. ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH IATA AND AIRLINE REGULATIONS
Make sure you comply with the regulations specified by the carriers as well as the international regulations specified by the IATA.
4. PURCHASE A SUITABLE ANIMAL CONTAINER
Purchase a container that is suitable for transporting the animal in question. The container must comply with the minimum requirements of IATA Live Animal Regulations. Finnair Cargo does not accept containers with grating on top/latticed top deck. Please note that Finnair does not provide containers for rent.
5. CHECK WHAT KIND OF FOOD IS ALLOWED DURING TRANSPORT
Make sure that the food provided for the animal during transport complies with the regulations of the transit and destination countries.
6. PROVIDE FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS
Provide written feeding instructions when handing the animal over for transport. Make sure the instructions accompany the shipment.
7. CHECK THE PHYSICAL STATE OF THE ANIMAL AND NOTIFY THE CARRIER
When making the booking, check the physical state of the animal, and do this again when handing the animal over to the airline. Notify the airline if the animal is pregnant or has given birth within the last 48 hours.
8. NOTIFY THE CARRIER OF ANY MEDICATION GIVEN TO THE ANIMAL
Notify the airline if you have given any sedative to the animal.
Track your shipment
Air Waybill Number (AWB-No):Track all shipments