Contact Center in Finland
+358 9 818 501
Terminal Customer Service
* 3,00 EUR + local/mobile charge firstname.lastname@example.org
Embargo on shipments containing only lithium ion batteries (UN3480)
Due to safety concerns Finnair, like many other airlines, has made a decision to stop carrying the following dangerous goods shipments as cargo. Therefore, bookings of shipments with lithium ion batteries only are no longer allowed.
• UN3480 Lithium Ion Batteries, Packing Instruction PI965 Section IA and IB (RLI)
• UN3480 Lithium Ion Batteries, Packing Instruction PI965 Section II (ELI)
Finnair will follow the development of safety standards related to the transport of these batteries, and the embargo can be revised or revoked if the development so warrants.
Shipments of equipment with batteries inside still accepted for transport
Other Lithium Ion Battery shipments prepared according to current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations are still accepted.
• UN3481 Lithium Ion Batteries packed with Equipment and UN3481 Lithium Ion Batteries contained in Equipment (Packing Instructions PI966 and PI967, Sections I (RLI) and II (ELI)
Other Lithium Metal Battery shipments prepared according to current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations are still accepted.
• UN3091 Lithium Metal Batteries packed with Equipment and UN3091 Lithium Metal Batteries contained in Equipment (Packing Instructions PI969 and PI970, Sections I (RLM) and II (ELM)
Lithium Metal Battery shipments forbidden on passenger aircraft
Following Lithium Metal Battery shipments are regulated to be forbidden on passenger aircraft and Finnair does not accept them for transport.
• UN3090 Lithium Metal Batteries, Packing Instruction PI968 Section IA and IB (RLM)
• UN3090 Lithium Metal Batteries, Packing Instruction PI968 Section II (ELM)
For further information please contact your local Finnair Cargo Sales/Reservations.
Track your shipment
Air Waybill Number (AWB-No):Track all shipments